- Terms: Full-time, temporary contract
- Start date: May 09, 2022
- Number of Weeks: 8 (eight)
- Number of Hours per Week: 35 (thirty-five)
- Hourly Wage Rate: $16.50
- Language required: English (French is an asset)
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or refugee and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30
- Must have own computer, Canada-wide phone service, and reliable high-speed Internet
- Must be in Algoma-Manitoulin-Kapuskasing
Tasks required for the job
- Assist the Coordinator of activities for seniors and programming for workplace diversity with all aspects of administrative management, such as logistics, equipment and storage, scheduling and coordinating meetings, interviews, planning, and running events and other similar activities.
- Assist facilitators, technical workers, editors, and volunteers in executing activities of the organization's (proposed) New Horizons for Seniors Program project, as well as project activities to promote employment equity
- Assist in the preparation of materials for public awareness and education campaigns, as well as outreach to corporate partners and other community organizations
- Manage inventory of assets and supplies, sourcing for suppliers (vendors) and submit invoices, attend to correspondence
- Assist in the creation and distribution of online and offline informational resources
- Attend to bookkeeping, payroll, and other mandatory filings
- Conduct online research and compile/update a database of equal opportunity employers and potential corporate partners
- Administer program to promote services to employers who have equal opportunity job offers and services to equal opportunity job seekers
- Assist the organization in initiating contact with potential corporate partners
- Support the organization in responding to inquiries from members of the business community concerning opportunities to participate in the organization's work of promoting equal opportunities for employment equity job seekers
- Evaluate service and the online environment with a view to enhancing the user experience for corporate partners and clients
- Prepare reports on findings
- Manage documents and files
- Perform multifaceted general office support
This position is funded under the Government of Canada's Canada Summer Jobs Program.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter (with at least two references) to:
(To prevent spam, this email is not clickable)
Working with DiversityCanada
When you choose to join our team at the DiversityCanada Foundation, you will spend your time using your skills to make a difference in the lives of many as you work to create a fairer, more harmonious Canada.
Your work will touch the lives of a wide range of people in your local community: you will play an important role in helping DiversityCanada deliver support to seniors in Elliot Lake and nearby communities. You will also have the chance to have a national impact, as you will assist us in delivering our services to seniors nationally and in promoting our career-enhancing resources to your peers across Canada.
We aim to support your own career prospects by providing you with training and mentorship to help you develop skills that are in demand in the job market.
You will have the flexibility of working from the comfort of your home, and during or outside of typical business hours.