BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER:The application intake is now closed.
Terms: Part-time, temporary contract
Start date: As soon as possible
Number of Weeks: Maximum of 23 (twenty-three)
Number of Hours per Week: Fluctuates; minimum 12 (twelve)
Hourly Wage Rate: $15.70
Language required for job: English (French is an asset)
Requirements: Must be under 30 years old; based in Elliot Lake or the Algoma District; and have own phone and Internet
Working with DiversityCanada:
When you choose to join our team at the DiversityCanada Foundation, you will spend your time using your skills to make a difference in the lives of many as you work to create a fairer, more harmonious Canada.
Your work will touch the lives of a wide range of people in your local community: you will play an important role in helping DiversityCanada deliver a project to support seniors in Elliot Lake. You will also have the chance to have a national impact, as you will assist us in delivering career-enhancing resources to your peers across Canada.
We aim to support your own career prospects by providing you with training and mentorship to help you develop skills that are in demand in the job market. You will have the flexibility of working from the comfort of your home, and during or outside of typical business hours.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
– Developing and sustaining solid relationships with the organization's stakeholders and clients;
– Analyzing client feedback data to determine whether clients are satisfied with the organization's products and services;
– Providing insight into product development and competitive positioning;
– Researching and developing online and offline resources that expand, enhance and/or highlight the organization's capabilities and offerings to clients;
– Recruiting, training, and guiding business development volunteers and/or staff;
– Analyzing financial data and developing effective strategies to reduce business costs and increase efficiency
– Conducting market research to identify new opportunities;
– Collaborating with upper management to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new opportunities;
– Connecting with potential sponsors and partners to present the organization's offerings and arrange collaborations and partnerships.
This position is funded under the Government of Canada's Summer Jobs program. Accordingly, candidates must be between 15 and 30 years of age; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and, have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The DiversityCanada Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and the following are strongly encouraged to apply:
* Youth who have not previously been employed and for whom this would be their first job experience
* Indigenous youth
* Youth with disabilities
* Visible minorities
* Recent immigrant youth and recent refugee youth
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to: